Between the wide range of activities in Ireland and the spectacular landscape waiting to be explored, anyone looking for entertainment is guaranteed to be spoilt for choice. Our Meath accommodation provides the ideal platform from which families, travelers, and corporate groups can discover the fantastic options on offer. A myriad of historical sites will amaze anyone interested in our legendary past, with castles and historical wonders offering insight into the adventures of old. Our archeological UNESCO World Heritage site, Bru na Boinne, is made up of the tombs of Knowth, Dowth, and Newgrange…and that’s not all. Other attractions worth visiting in the region include:
- Trim Castle – an iconic location from the movie Braveheart. The castle was built in 1173 and, having stood the test of time, has remained a firm tourist favourite.
- An important site, the battleground where the historic battle of Boyne took place is definitely worth a visit as it is a top tourist attraction in Ireland.
- Navan is a golfing destination second to none and beginners or professionals will find a range of spots in which to test their skill - Knightsbrook Golf Course, Navan Golf Club, Rathcore Golf Club, Meath Golf Club and the Royal Tara all offer superb and accommodating facilities.
- For the social event of the season, visit a horse racing meeting at one of these premium destinations - Fairyhouse Racecourse, Navan Racecourse and the all-weather track at Dundalk.
- Get a taste of the outdoors as you enjoy fresh water fishing along the River Boyne. Note that fishing permits can be arranged beforehand.
- Adrenalin junkies will find a range of things to do in Ireland at The Zone, an extreme activity centre, offering everything from indoor carting, paintball and pool tables to air hockey tables and computer games. They also have a refreshment area so you can cool down between activities.
- Take part in an invigorating hike through nature, as well as interact with animals, at Kelly Equestrian.
- Depending on what time of the year you visit, there are many more activities on offer, from festivals and shows to art exhibitions and concerts – think vintage car shows or hot air balloon rides. Visit www.discoverireland.ie for a list of even more activities in Ireland.